Saturday, August 9, 2008

Girls Camp

Me (left), My friend Mariah (right)


I recently went to girls camp. It was soooooo fun! It was my first year. We went up to our stake camp. Its kinda by Wolf mountain. So we drove up there at 7:30 in the morning. There was a cabin and many camp sights. They were all named after people in the scriptures. The theme for the year was B.O.O.T camp, army stuff. The Beehives got to sleep in the cabin and the Mia maids and Laurels got to sleep in the tents. Some leaders got the cabin some got the tent. I am a beehive. I am going to be a Mia maid next May. Instead of sleeping in the cabin with the rest of the beehives i slept outside with the Mia maids. It was hot up there it got to 103* F degrees! But it was freezing that night! The next day was not hot at all. We were going for a walk and discovered a river/stream. It was beautiful!

This is a picture of it. So me and my friends Nicole and Katie walked up stream through the water. It was very cold and slippery. But luckily everytime i fell there was a branch or a larger rock to catch me from falling. We eventually ran into a dam. so we climbed a broken down tree and climbed onto the dam wall. We had to crawl on it or we would fall into the deep freezing cold water! We got very far and had to go back for lunch. Then we went up stream again but then we had to go back.....AGAIN! But it was because Katie had soccer try outs. When we got back we tie dyed shirts and played games. We had to play a game where there were at least fifteen cinder blocks and we had two planks of wood that we had to place along and walk across over to the other cinder block. it took us forever! and there was one we had to go through a obstacle course blind and another person was on your back directing you. And another one was that we had to swing across on a rope and carry a cup of water and get to the other side. Then we told scary stories that scared me to death!! and they were stories that happened around that area! After scary stories. People kept scaring us when we were walking to our tents cause it was pitch black and you cant see anything! the next day we moved to a different camp site. We met one of the leaders sisters who is total blind and has no feeling in her left arm. Then as it got darker we bore our testimonies. The spirit was so strong there!! Everyone was balling! I will never forget how i felt that night. And the neat thing is was that everyone there bore their testimony not one person didn't. We went home that night and we didn't get home until 12:00 in the morning!! It was such a wonderful experience! Sorry this story is so long! but leave me comments i would love to hear what you think!!

3 comments:

Meemaw said...

I am so glad you were able to go to camp. The feeling you felt was the spirit, remember that feeling. It will be a guide throughout your life, if you take the time to stop and listen and recognize it. You are an amazing girl! I love you and am so thankful you are my grandaughter. I am so lucky to have you. I am excited you are blogging. I LOVE YOU!!
Meemaw

Mackey Family said...

Shay-
Hooray you figured out the blog. I knew you could. I'm so glad that you went to girls camp. I love girls camp and have so many good memories of going as a girl and now as a leader.
You are growing up so fast and I know that I always give you a hard time but it is because I Love You so much.
Always know that I am there for you.

I'm glad you are blogging, now we have to convince your mom to do it.

Love you,
Your Favorite Aunt

Hooper Fox's said...

OMG!! you put that pic of my on there!! i look so horrible!
gosh dang shaylee!!
luv mia