Saturday, September 27, 2008

Duck hunting and Braces!

Yesterday I got my braces off!! I am soooo happy its just now i have to wear a stupid retainer that is killing my teeth! But my retainer is really cute! Its a bright pink background with brown, lime green, and white polka dots on it. I have a top and bottom removable retainers. This is a picture of me with my braces.







without braces, and with retainers




Today I went on the youth hunt! We had to wake up at 4 in the morning!!! I was sooo tired. So when we were all ready to go we went to our friend Marks house. He's the one who has the boat. So we headed off to Ogden Bay. There was My dad, Mark, Mark's daughter, my sister and me! I thought with all of us on the boat plus all the supplies we'd sink the boat. But we didn't! We have an awesome spot in the toolies! We waited around until the hunt open. It was FREEZING!!!!! When the first shot was fired we all started looking for ducks. It was dark so it was kinda hard to see any. Then a duck landed about twenty feet away from Haylie, Mark's daughter. She shot it but it was so dark we couldn't see what it was. When it was out long enough Mark went to go get it. It turned out to be a Shoveler. But at least she shot one! The next person to get a duck was my sister Jaycee. It was going to land until it saw one of us so it was about to take off then jaycee shot it in the butt! It wouldn't die so she tried to shoot it after it landed. That time she nicked it in the neck and it still didn't die so she finally got a good shot and shot it right in the wing. So the meat in that is spoiled from too many gun shots. It turned out to be a blue winged teal drake. But there were Dike hunters and they were bugging me really bad! Dike hunters sit in the dike and take shots at the super high ones and they were cuttin us off cause once they'd hear a gunshot they'd turn around and fly back. So when it died down we went to go jump-shooting! I still didn't get my duck! So we were heading back looking along the toolies and i saw one it wouldn't move. So I asked if i could shoot it. They said i could. So i aimed and pulled the trigger and it got him. we had to wait a little bit before it actually died. It was a Galdwin. It was the biggest duck out of the three. Then we were packing up to leave and we went to country corner and got a pop and a piece of pizza. And we showed our ducks to Marks family. Then my dad realized that he forgot his backpack by a tree when we were jump-shooting. So my dad and mark went all the way back to get it and Hailey, Jaycee, and me just chilled at her house. It was fun! I can't wait till next years youth hunt. Last year was my first time. I got a green winged teal hen and a goose. On my first time!!! It was sooo cool! So ya leave me a comment!

Me acting like a serious hunter with my Gadwal!!

This is my sister Jaycee she was scared to hold it by its neck. But thats her duck!

3 comments:

aubs said...

shaylee you are so awesome! Ps. i love what you made in FACS class, if only i could be as creative as you tee hee:) Any ways.... you rock see u 2morrow!
love ur blood sister

Hall Family Memories said...

Shaylo-

You are so cute, thanks for being such a good friend to Aubs. Your rock family is quite cute, and it was quite sad the day the little one went to rock heaven. Silly....but you know that is my kind of pet.

Hooper Fox's said...

Shaylee you look so CUTE in those pants! lol
We should like watch a movie sometime! Call me!

<3 Mariah